Bay Area, CA
This position is an inside sales position primarily focused on lead qualification (inbound and outbound calling).
The Sales Development Representative is responsible for driving market share and qualifying leads that build pipeline for the sales organization. You will respond to inbound inquiries as well as make outbound cold calls. A typical workday is comprised of making 60-80 calls to companies who fit our ‘ideal’ prospect profile and to set up appointments with our sales team. In addition to making calls, you will utilize technologies such as email, social media, internal business applications, and other internet resources to perform research, locate prospects, and record you daily activities.
- Understand and Identify ‘ideal’ prospects
- Quickly respond to incoming interest as the first respondent
- Efficiently execute on outbound calling campaigns
- Set up meetings, coordinate resources, and manage calendar invites and reminders
Ongoing Sales Activity
- Assist sales reps and management with activities as it relates to moving prospects through the sales cycle. This included ongoing coordination of activities, requalification of prospects, and follow up on prospect nurturing efforts.
- 60-80 prospect calls per day
- 100+ prospect emails per day
- Record activity, pipeline progress, and maintain data quality in our customer relationship management system (SFDC) and our marketing automation system (Hubspot)
- Persistent and tenacious attitude for cold calling, responding to inquiries, and managing sales cycles
- Effective organizational, time and task management skills, with the ability to work independently
- Basic computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, SFDC, web conferencing, and other similar business applications and/or related experience proving the ability to learn these applications
- Ability to converse and communicate with enterprise organizations and IT teams
- Strong communication and presentation abilities
- Ability to understand technology components and how they work together relative to our offering
- Solid understanding of social media tools/resources and how to use these assets related to business
- Successfully completed a college degree
- 2+ years of business experience
- Pleasanton, CA - potentially moving to San Francisco later in the year
- Compensation is a combination of base salary and commissions related to components such as: number of closed appointments, revenue, new customer acquisition, and other relevant activity.
- Competitive compensation and equity relative to industry and previous earnings history. Candidate will provide last 3 years of earnings history.